Space Jump WIP video

Thursday, January 22, 2009



This is a 4x speed run through of a map I am working on to test out a "gauntlet" type game mode where the goal is to be the first to get to the finish against the clock. We are planning on having checkpoints throughout the map so that if you fall off you can respawn. Brian is also anxious to add physical obstacles along the blank straight lengths that will move around which you will have to dodge.

In other news, I have found a new place to work on Zero Gear - a real actual office space shared with my brother, exciting!

5 comments:

E. Elwood said...

I like the pulsing edges of the track; gives this level a kind of F-Zero feel with that and all of the crazy zig-zagging. I think my favorite part was the giant hilly AstroTurf ramp, just because it's so ridiculous.

The solar vortex catapult plate (as I will call it) at the very end is the icing on the cake.

David Marsh said...

the hilly part is going to have some objects tumbling down it to dodge.

Anonymous said...

I really like the level design so far. But I think the environment looks a bit bland. Maybe some small planets around the map might spice things up (shoulda like Mario Galaxy)

Here's an example of what I mean:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/shuja2/example.jpg

David Marsh said...

yea, I am certainly going to add more scenery, WIP stands for "work in progress". There is still a lot of things I will do to dress it up, I like your suggestion!

Brian Cronin said...

Haha, yeah, your photoshop job is cool :)

I love how big the planets are in comparison to the kart. It makes it look like the kart is GIANT.